Avenue of Stars, Hong Kong
In 2003, the New World Group announced spending HK$40 million to build the Avenue of Stars on the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront, Kowloon Island. It was open to the public on April 27th, 2004, and then became a very popular place among tourists from home and abroad.
It is a special attraction that is modeled after Hollywood’s Avenue of Stars. It has a total length of 440 meters from the Museum of Art to the New World Centre. Here, tourists can see handprints of celebrities from the Hong Kong film industry, stalls with souvenirs, sculptures, and the full-sized statue of Bruce Lee. The names and hand prints of film stars have been inscribed on commemorative plaques along the Avenue of Stars according to chronological order. Currently, the Avenue of Stars has 110 plaques of the celebrities from Hong Kong film industry.
Also, there are nice outdoor seating, specially selected greenery along the pavement, and most importantly, stunning views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island with numerous skyscrapers. It is a great place to view Victoria Harbour and see the Symphony of Lights show at night.
You might also like the following helpful information about Hong Kong
- When is the best time or season to visit Hong Kong
- Top attractions you might like in Hong Kong
- Choose your food and restaurants while traveling in Hong Kong
- Do not know where to stay? Visit the best hotels in Hong Kong
- To know more about Hong Kong, visit its culture
- What to buy and where to shop in Hong Kong?
- Enjoy an interesting and colorful nightlife
- Effiently tour around by learning the transportation
- Bank and currency, help you save money
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?