7 to 10 Days Beijing Xian Shanghai Tour Itineraries
Travelers planning to travel to Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai, we recommend that Beijing can stay at least 2 nights, so that you can play the most famous attractions in Beijing, the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, Hutong, etc., the ideal state of play in Beijing is 3 to 4 nights; Xi'an, we recommend at least 1 night, you can visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses and the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Huimin Street, etc., travelers who like to travel more slowly can stay 2 nights; as for Shanghai, from 1 to 3 nights, in addition to Shanghai itself, you can also go to the surrounding water township for a stroll.
7 days tour itinerary for visiting Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai
Day 1-3: Arrive in Beijing and spend three days exploring the city, visiting sites such as the Great Wall, Forbidden City, and Temple of Heaven.
Day 4: Take a flight to Xi'an and spend the day visiting the Terracotta Warriors and the ancient city walls.
Day 5: Take a day trip to the Huashan Mountain, one of the most sacred Taoist mountains in China.
Day 6: Take a flight to Shanghai and spend the day exploring the Bund, the Shanghai Tower, and Yuyuan Garden.
Day 7: Return to Shanghai and visit the Shanghai Museum and the Shanghai Old Street. Return to the airport for your flight home.
Please note that the above itinerary is a general guide and you can add or remove places according to your preference. Also, please double-check the feasibility of the itinerary and the opening hours of the places you want to visit.
10-day tour itinerary for Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai
Day 1-3: Beijing
- Visit the Forbidden City, a UNESCO World Heritage site that was the imperial palace of the Ming and Qing dynasties.
- Visit the Temple of Heaven, an imperial complex of religious buildings where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties performed annual ceremonies of sacrifice to heaven.
- Visit the Summer Palace, an imperial garden that was a summer retreat for the emperors of the Qing dynasty.
Day 4-6: Xi'an
- Visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses, a UNESCO World Heritage site that is one of the most significant archaeological discoveries of the 20th century.
- Visit the ancient city walls of Xi'an, one of the best-preserved city walls in China.
- Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, a Buddhist pagoda that was built in the 7th century.
Day 7-9: Shanghai
- Visit the Bund, a famous waterfront area known for its colonial-era architecture.
- Visit the Shanghai Museum, a world-class museum that showcases ancient Chinese art and artifacts.
- Visit the Yuyuan Garden, a traditional Chinese garden known for its intricate rock formations, ponds, and bridges.
Day 10: Shanghai
- Visit the Shanghai Tower, the second-tallest building in the world, for a panoramic view of the city.
- Visit the Xintiandi, a trendy area known for its restaurants, bars, and shops.
- Take a flight or train to your next destination or back to home.
If the above routes are not your cup of tea, then contact us to customize your Beijing Xian and Shanghai tour >>
Where to stay in Beijing, Xian and Shanghai
Top five hotels in Beijing:
- Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
- The Ritz-Carlton Beijing
- Waldorf Astoria Beijing
- Mandarin Oriental Beijing
- Rosewood Beijing
More luxury hoels in Beijing >>
Top 5 hotels in Shanghai
- The Peninsula Shanghai
- Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
- Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai
- Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong
- Park Hyatt Shanghai
More luxury hotels in Shanghai >>
Top 2 hotels in Xian
Sofitel Legend People's Grand Hotel Xian - This luxury hotel is located in the heart of Xian and offers stunning views of the city. It features elegantly designed rooms, a fitness center, a spa, and multiple dining options.
The Westin Xian - This hotel is located near many of Xian's popular attractions, including the Terracotta Warriors Museum. It offers spacious rooms, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and multiple dining options.
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Build a Unique Dream Travel?