Hong Kong Wetland Park
Located in the northern part of Tin Shui Wai in Yuen Long, Wetland Park is composed of a 10000-square-meter visitor center, Wetland Interactive World, and a 60-hectare Wetland Reserve. Opened in May 2006, it is the first park of its kind in Asia. As a world-level ecological tourist attraction, it has a vast natural beauty. The Wetland Park consists of model displays of wildlife, simulated wetland, and recreational and educational facilities.
By traveling around Wetland Park, visitors can not only appreciate the natural beauty but also know the forms of water and experience the peculiarity of life in water. There are almost 190 kinds of birds, 40 types of dragonflies, and over 200 types of butterflies and moths. Wetland Reserve includes man-made wetlands and re-created habitats designed for waterfowl and other wildlife.
When you visit the wetland, do not use your hand to touch the wild. If you touch them by accident, please wash your hands right away with water, soap liquid, alcohol-soaked wet tissues, or alcohol sponges. If there are any sick birds or dead birds, please inform the staff of the park to test their illness or cause of death.
- Adults: HK$30
- Children (3-18 years old): HK$15
- Children below 3 years old: free
Opening hours are from 10:00 am-5:00 pm (tickets stop selling at 4:00 pm) on Monday, Wednesday to Sunday, and public holidays.
It is closed on Tuesdays (except on public holidays).
- 1. You can take the MTR to Tin Shui Wei Stop and then take MTR Light Rail to Westland Park Stop, and then walk for 5 minutes. The light rail line 705, 706, and Kowloon bus numbers 264M, 265M, 265S, 276A, 276B, or 967 all are feasible.
- 2. Take KCR West Rail to Tin Shui Wei Stop and then transfer to light rail lines 705, 706 and get off at Wetland Park Stop.
- 3. Take bus number 967 to Grandeur Terrace Stop and then walk for about 3 minutes.
You might also like the following helpful information about Hong Kong
- When is the best time or season to visit Hong Kong
- Top attractions you might like in Hong Kong
- Choose your food and restaurants while traveling in Hong Kong
- Do not know where to stay? Visit the best hotels in Hong Kong
- To know more about Hong Kong, visit its culture
- What to buy and where to shop in Hong Kong?
- Enjoy an interesting and colorful nightlife
- Effiently tour around by learning the transportation
- Bank and currency, help you save money
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?