Madame Tussauds Hong Kong is located at the Peak Tower on Hong Kong Island. It is a museum displaying wax figures of celebrities. The headquarters of Madame Tussauds is in London. This HK branch opened in 2000 and it is the first Madame Tussauds in Asia.
It houses nearly 100 wax figures of internationally known personalities, including Yao Ming, a basketball star, David Beckham, a football star, Li Lishan, the gold medal winner of the Olympic Games in HK, Leo Ku, a famous actor, Kelly Chen, Jay Zhou, Andy Lau, Cecilia Cheung, and some deceased stars like Teresa Teng, Leslie Chueng, and Anita Mui, etc.
Madame Tussauds is divided into 10 display areas including Hong Kong Glamour, Historical, and National Heroes, World Premiere and Sports Giants, and Music Icons. In HK Glamour, tourists can drink with Cecilia Cheung in the bar and dance with Aaron Kwok, the Lord of Dance, on the stage. In addition, tourists can also imitate Ayumi Hamasaki with various accessories or even wear the most fashionable hairstyle to be a Cover Girl.
- Adults: HKD 290
- Children(between 3 to 11 years old) and elders (above 65 years old): HKD 245
- Children under 3 years old: free
- 10:00-22:00 (Last admission at 21:45)
- 1. Drinks and foods are forbidden in the museum.
- 2. If you want to take professional photos with wax figures, you may ask the photographers in the museum. You can select the ideal photography style at the entrance, but the price of the photo is not cheap.
- 3. It's not allowed to take photos in the “Scream” display hall. This hall is frightening, so children below 12 years old and people with heart disease and high blood pressure, elders, and pregnant women should be careful.
- 1. Peak Tram: Take MRT Island Line or Tsuen Wan Line, and get off at Central Station (Exit J2). Walk to Peak Tram Lower Terminus in Garden Road for the 8 mins tram up to the Peak.
- 2. Bus: Take Bus 15C to the Peak Tram Station or Bus 15 to the top of Victoria Peak.
You might also like the following helpful information about Hong Kong
- When is the best time or season to visit Hong Kong
- Top attractions you might like in Hong Kong
- Choose your food and restaurants while traveling in Hong Kong
- Do not know where to stay? Visit the best hotels in Hong Kong
- To know more about Hong Kong, visit its culture
- What to buy and where to shop in Hong Kong?
- Enjoy an interesting and colorful nightlife
- Effiently tour around by learning the transportation
- Bank and currency, help you save money
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?