Daxu Ancient Town, Guilin
- Name: Daxu Ancient Town/大圩古镇/dà wéi gǔ zhèn
- Where: 23 km southeast of Guilin by the Li River
- Street Length: 2KM
- Open hours: No time limited
- Entrace fee: free
- Tour time: 0.5 - 1 Day
- Best time to visit: All Year Round
- Get to there: 25KM and about 30-40 minutes by Taxi from the city center, about 1 hour by taking Bus No.306(灵川城乡公交306路).
- Attractions nearby: Canola field when in Spring time
Daxu ancient town is situated at the east bank of the Li River, which is 23 km (14.3 miles) southeast of Guilin City. Daxu Ancient Town is one of the four most famous ancient market towns in Guangxi. With a history of more than a thousand years, this town features well-preserved architecture from the Ming and Qing Dynasties along with stone-paved streets. Some of the buildings are so old that you might think they are too delicate, but they’re not.
The 2-kilometer street along the riverbank is lined with old residences and stalls. The wooden architecture has decorated eaves, doors, and window frames, which are still homes for the residents.
As you stroll around the street, you’ll notice a stone-arched bridge named "Wanshou (Longevity) Bridge" which was built in the Ming Dynasty. It is a simple old stone bridge. With the Li River on its west and a creek on the east, it is a good place to appreciate the scenery of the river, the bank, the nearby hills, and the island across the river.
What you can do in Daxu ancient town? You can experience the traditional Lion Head Making, visit a local family, bamboo rafting, etc.
Interesting experience: take a boat ride to the opposite island to see the life of the local people, visit the locals and have lunch at a resident's home.
What to do on a day trip?
- Half day trip: Arrive Guilin, take a rest and tour to Daxu Ancient Town in the afternoon.
- One day trip: half day visit Fubo Hill, Diecai Hill, Elephant Trunk Hill and half day Daxu Ancient Town
- One day trip: Half day Reed Flute Cave and half day Daxu Ancient Town.
- More 1 Day Guilin trips you might be interested in >>
What experience would enrich my Guilin trip?
- Cultural experiences and outdoor activities such as Cooking, painting, taichi, family visiting, paper making, cormorant fishing, biking, helicopter, rock climbing, cave explore, camping, etc.
- Guilin Travel Itineraries from 1 to 8 Days for your Reference
- When is the Best Time and Seasons to Travel to Guilin?
- What are the Best Attraction in Guilin worth visiting?
- Just tell us your interests and we will Customize a Trip for you!
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?