Travel itineraries, how to plan a Guangzhou trip
1-Day Guangzhou highlights itinerary
- 8:00 AM - Start the day by exploring the famous Chen Family Temple, a museum displaying traditional southern Chinese architecture and arts.
- 10:00 AM - Visit the Xiguan Houses, a traditional residential area known for its well-preserved old-style buildings and traditional Cantonese culture.
- 12:00 PM - Have a local Cantonese lunch in a nearby restaurant.
- 1:30 PM - Explore the colorful Flower City Square, a large public space featuring an array of gardens, fountains, and sculptures.
- 3:00 PM - Visit the Temple of the Six Banyan Trees, a Buddhist temple complex known for its towering pagoda and lush gardens.
- 5:00 PM - Take a stroll along the Pearl River, one of the largest rivers in Guangzhou, and admire the views of the city's skyline from the riverfront promenade.
- 7:00 PM - Enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant and sample some of Guangzhou's famous dishes, such as dim sum and Cantonese barbecue.
- 8:30 PM - End the day by experiencing the vibrant nightlife of Guangzhou, with options ranging from live music shows to bars and clubs.
2-Day Cultural Itinerary
Day 1: Visit the Canton Tower for panoramic views of the city, explore the Chen Family Temple to learn about traditional Chinese architecture and culture, take a stroll along the Beijing Road Pedestrian Street for shopping and people-watching, try authentic Cantonese cuisine for lunch or dinner.
Day 2: Visit the Sacred Heart Cathedral to admire the gothic architecture, explore the Shisan Hang Cloth Market to buy souvenirs and observe local life, visit the Huaisheng Mosque to learn about Islamic culture, take a boat ride along the Pearl River to enjoy the city's skyline, end the day with a performance of Guangdong's traditional music and dance at the Liyuan Theatre.
Day 1: Visit the Canton Tower, an iconic landmark of Guangzhou, for views of the city, Explore the Chen Clan Academy, a 19th-century academic temple that now houses a museum of folk arts and crafts, Walk along Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street, a bustling shopping street with traditional architecture and street food vendors
Day 2: Visit the Western Han Nanyue King Museum, which contains artifacts from the tomb of the King of Nanyue, Explore the Guangzhou Museum of Art, which showcases contemporary and modern Chinese art, Take a stroll through the Yuexiu Park, the largest park in Guangzhou, and visit the Five Ram Statue, a symbol of the city.
Day 3: Visit the Guangzhou Opera House, a stunning modern architectural masterpiece, Explore the Museum of the Western Han Dynasty Mausoleum of the Nanyue King, which contains artifacts from the Western Han dynasty, Walk along the Pearl River Promenade, a scenic path along the river with views of the city skyline.
The duration of each activity can be adjusted according to your preference, and this itinerary can also be customized based on your interests.
You might be interested in the itineraries including Kaiping, Dongguan, etc. >>
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?