7 Days Chengdu, Bifengxia Panda Reserve and Jiuzhaigou/Nine Valley
Jiuzhaigou Valley itself is a unique ecosystem
where stunning karst rock formations and a majestic waterfall can be
found. There, you can do some volunteering
by taking care of the giant pandas. The work includes collecting food
(bamboo and fruits), feeding the pandas with bamboos, apples and
vegetables, or cleaning and sterilizing the cages and the public area.
Additionally, you could give showers to the pandas, among other tasks.
Anything you end up doing at the valley will be incredibly rewarding.
- Panda volunteer programme
- Encounter magical variation of colours of pools in Jiuzhaigou
- Get a better understanding of Sichuan culture and history
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Your personal guide and driver will be waiting for you at the airport to
escort you to the hotel. The rest of the day is for you to take a
stroll down Jinli Ancient Street to try local snacks.
Buddha Zen Hotel Chengdu,
Grand Hyatt Chengdu
A Panda cub resting on tree brunch
Today is a full day trip to Bifengxia Valley Scenic Area to see pandas
up close. The ride takes about two hours. There are more than 80 pandas
living in the valley, which gives you an opportunity to hold a panda for
pictures at an additional cost. Bifeng Valley boasts of luxurious
vegetation, steep valleys and numerous waterfalls. Lunch is later
arranged in a scenic area.
Two giant pandas
Today you get to a have once in a lifetime experience. You’ll be
volunteering around pandas. You will wear a special sanitary uniform to
carry panda food and clean cages and pandas. You’ll have the chance to
feed the pandas with apples or bamboo leaves and make observation notes,
among other things.
Giant pandas in the reserve
You’ll arrive at Chengdu airport for a morning flight to Jiuzhaigou
Valley. Shortly after, lunch will be provided. Lunch will be followed by
a trip to the Jiuzhaigou Scenic and Historic Interest Area which is
about two hours away. The famed Jiuzhaigou Valley, also nicknamed
Fairyland, was formed by Shuzheng valley, Rize valley and Zaru Valley.
Shuttle bus rides are given to the Valley. The best time to visit
Shuzheng valley is in the afternoon.
New Jiuzhai Hotel,
InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise,
Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort
Today will be a day tour inside the Valley to visit Rize valley and Zaru
Valley (Tibetan rural scenery) at a leisurely pace. Lunch is later
arranged in scenic area.
You’ll head for the airport to catch a flight back to Chengdu in the
morning. Your guide and driver in Chengdu will meet you and take you to
the Dujiangyan Irrigation System. The ride takes about 1.5 hours.
Dujiangyan was first built in Qin Dynasty (256 BC) by the local officer
Li Bing and his son. It is the greatest and oldest of its kind in the
world. The special design of Yuzui water-dividing Dike, the Feishayan
Spillway and the Baopingkou Water Inlet function as flood control,
irrigation and shipping. A tea ceremony or a Sichuan Changing Face Show
can be arranged as night entertainment by request.
Your guide and driver will meet you at the hotel lobby and escort you to the airport for your next destination.
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.