3-Day Leisure & Romantic Watertown
Hangzhou has a time-honored history of over 2200 years, which dates back
to the establishment of a town-level jurisdiction there in the Qin
Dynasty. Throughout history, it has serve as the capital city of the
Southern Song Dynasty. A saying there goes that “in heaven there is
paradise, on earth there are Suzhou and Hangzhou.” This saying is a
tribute to such a charming city. In the Yuan Dynasty, it was acclaimed
by Marco Polo as the most magnificent city in the world. Bai Juyi, a
celebrated poet of the Tang Dynasty, said that Hangzhou left the deepest
impression in his mind among all the cities. Thousands of years later,
people still believe this. Among all foreigners, Hangzhou is the best
place for them to settle in. The couches by the West Lake and the Broken
Bridge are a witness to love stories that continue repeating
themselves. The love story between Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai and Xu
- Tranquil parks and classic Chinese gardens
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Upon your arrival in Hangzhou, a city known as the name of “Paradise on
Earth,” your personal guide will be waiting for you with a name sign.
Head for the hotel directly in the private, air-conditioned vehicle.
Rest for the day or take a brief walk in the city.
Grand Hyatt Hangzhou,
JW Marriott Hotel Hangzhou,
Banyan Tree Hangzhou
Following breakfast, head for the cruise pier at West Lake for a leisure
boat ride to see the scenery printed on the one yuan note of Chinese
currency. Gu Shan (Solitary Hill) is an island that stands by West Lake
where it got its name. Climbing the hill (35 meters high) gives a
panoramic view of the Lake. Lunch is later arranged at a local fine
restaurant. After, we’ll visit the Lingyin Temple which is the largest
and wealthiest Buddhist temple in China. Hefang Street, a nearby
attraction, offers opportunities to see ancient crafts shops and taste
local foods. At night fall, enjoy the show Impression of West Lake
directed by Zhang Yimou, the director of 2008 Beijing Olympic Opening
Ceremony. You’ll be able to experience the sad love story in the misty
fog and touching music.
This day you’ll visit Xixi National Wetland Park. It is the only wetland
park in China, with 70% of its area as rivers, ponds, lakes and swamps,
along with a vivid water village. A boat ride through the waterway
gives you a closer look at the system. After lunch at a local fine
restaurant you’ll head to Songcheng Theme Park where Song dynasty
buildings are built and guards are dressed in Song style clothing. Your
guide and driver will escort you to the airport for next destination.
Xixi National Wetland Park
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.