2 Days Hangzhou Tour with Hands-on Activities
In addition to Longjin tea, West Lake and water towns, Hangzhou is a city with rich culture. Learn to make Chinese fan and oiled paper umbrella at the workman shop and demonstration pavilion and get a better understanding of the unique Chinese craftsmanship.
- Try your hands at Chinese fan making
- Feel the charm of making oiled paper umbrella
- Have a tea culture experience at Meijiawu Longjin Village
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Upon your arrival in Hangzhou, a city known as the name of “Paradise on Earth,” your personal guide will pick you up from the train station and head to the first stop of Hangzhou, the West Lake. Embraced by mountains on three sides and connected with a romantic legend, West Lake becomes the popular subject of many poets and painters. A boat cruise in the lake is very aggregable, especially when the breeze blows through your face.
After lunch, climb up to the Six Harmonies Pagoda for a good view of Qiantang River tide. Then move to the workman shop and demonstration pavilion near the Grand Canal for the experience of making fan and oiled paper umbrella. Each of the activity takes about an hour. Bring home your ‘masterpieces’ after the lesson.
Meals: Lunch at Taste Known Restaurant with a la carte menu
Feature Dinner Option: Lou Wai Lou Restaurant Gushan Road Branch, Grandma's Restaurant Hubin Branch, XinBai Lu Restaurant Longyou Road Branc, Zhangshengji Restaurant with a la carte menu
Optional evening activity: Enduring Memories of Hangzhou
Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake,
Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou,
Zhongwei Sunny Hotel
making oiled paper umbrella
After a sound sleep, refresh yourself with a cup of Longjin green tea. You will not only see tea picking and tea processing, but also have a chance to experience as a tea expert. You will walk into the huge tea plantation on the mountain slope, pick the tea leaves, visit the tea farmer's house and learn the Chinese tea ceremony. You will enjoy the peaceful natural scenery and learn more about the Chinese tea culture.
With a long history and stunning scenery, Lingyin Temple attracts visitors and Buddhists faithful from all over the world. Hidden in the hills makes it very tranquil. Adjoining to it, it is the Peak Flown From Afar, a place full of Buddhist mood and that clam down your mood.
After the tour, the guide will escort you to the train station or airport for your next destination.
Hangzhou tea plantation
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.