5 Days Tiger Leaping Gorge Hike in the natural beauty
Tiger Leaping Gorge is one of the deepest gorges on the plane and is one of the top 10 hiking trails in China among visitors from home and abroad. You will find yourself lost in a beautiful world full of pine forests, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, cliffs and raging rivers. This is just an intermediate hiking suitable for most of the hiking lovers.
- Trek along the tracks of the Ancient Tea Horse Road and learn about the old stories
- Get close to nature by hiking along the raging rivers, pine forests and waterfalls
- See the local life of minorities in the minority villages
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Lijiang arrival
Welcome to Lijiang, a beautiful ancient city of Yunnan. A warm welcome is waiting for you from our guide and driver upon your arrival. They will escort you to the hotel and help with the check-in. You can explore the Lijiang ancient Town on your own for the rest of the day. Or you can have a good rest in the hotel for a better preparation of tomorrow’s hiking.
- Hotels: Aman Hotel Dayan, InterContinental Resort Lijiang Ancient Town, Ivy Garden Resort Hotel (Lijiang Dayange), Hotel Indigo Lijiang Ancient Town
Day 2 Tiger Leaping Gorge
After breakfast, you will be transferred from Lijiang to Hutiaoxia Town, which takes about 2.5 hours. Here you will start the hiking from Qiaotou Town (Hutiaoxia Town). After 2-hour hiking along the village road, you will reach Naxi family. On the way, you will see several rural villages and farms of the Naxi minority people. Look forward from Naxi family; you will see the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain afar and impetuous Jinsha River under your feet. At Naxi family, treat yourself a good lunch or a cup of coffee before you continue your hiking.
After lunch and some rest, continue to hike about 2.5 hours along the 28 bends to Tea Horse Guesthouse. Along the way, you will pass through pine forests, waterfalls and cliff edge with spectacular views of the muddy churning Yangtze River below and the looming ridges above. You will stay overnight at Tea Horse Guesthouse for a good rest after the long hiking, about 11km today.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
- Hotels: Tea Horse Guesthouse
Day 3 Tiger Leaping Gorge
After a night rest, are you ready for today’s hiking? Your hike today starts from the guesthouse. For about 2 hours, you will reach Half Way Guesthouse, which marks a half of your hiking tour. Stop here for a short rest and enjoy the surrounding towering snow-capped mountains.
Next, wind through the paths for about 2 more hours and enjoy the cool waterfalls. Your destination today is Tina’s Guesthouse, where you will spend overnight.
The hike today ends in the early afternoon, which allows you more time to enjoy the scenery around Tina’s Guesthouse and to have enough rest.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
- Hotels: Tina’s Guesthouse
Day 4 Hike from Tina’s Guesthouse to Yixiantian (A Tread of Sky), back to Lijiang
This is the last day of your Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking tour. Trek along the main road for about 1.5km, and you will reach your first stop, Teacher Zhang’s Guesthouse. Come down to the Middle Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge to get some nice pictures along Teacher Zhang’s Path. Yixiantian (A Tread of Sky), the most precipitous part of Tiger Leaping Gorge, is the end of your hiking tour.
After lunch, you will go back to Lijiang by private transfer.
- We suggest you to store your luggage at the Lijiang hotel and just bring some necessities. Travel light!
- Wear waterproof and non-slip shoes.
- Bring some food with you like Snikers, chocolate and compressed biscuit for emergency use.
- It is recommended to buy 1.5 litres of bottled water, which is quite enough, but not too heavy.
- July and August are the rainy seasons of Yunnan. It is better to avoid traveling during these 2 months.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
Day 5 Lijiang Departure
After several days' hiking in Lijiang, today is your departure day. Be ready with your packed luggage and go to the airport with the guide and driver. Wave your goodbye to our beautiful country.
- Meals: Breakfast,
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.
This tour is tailor-made and we can tailor to meet your reqeusts. Your personal travel consultant will contact you within 24 working hours!
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?