4 Days Xi’an Cultural Experience Tour
During this 4-day Xi’an Cultural experience tour, immerse yourself in the Chinese culture by participating in some cultural hands-on activities, like small clay warriors making, calligraphy learning, painting learning and dumpling making. Besides, you could also see the shadow play and puppet show, one of the ancient arts of China.
- Meet the Terra-Cotta Warriors and listen to their stories
- Make small clay warriors with the guidance of the artist
- Dumpling making experience in a local family
- See a shadow play in Gao’s Family Courtyard
Customizable Tour Itinerary
After landing and getting to the arrival hall, you will see our guide with warm smile and your name sign. A comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver will transfer you to the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
Meals: No meal, advice freely available
Sofitel Legend Peoples Grand Hotel Xian,
Wyndham Grand Xian South
arrive at Xi'an
Wake up and be ready to feel the historical and cultural atmosphere of this city. After breakfast, drive about an hour from the city to meet the mysterious Terra-Cotta Warriors, which you may have seen on newspaper, on television and books many times. Listen to the explanation of the guide and discover why and how they were made, how they were preserved?
Followed by is the small clay warriors making in a local cave dwelling, which allows you to have a better understanding of the Terra-Cotta Warriors.
After lunch, you will be transferred back to the city area and continue your exploration. Search for some afternoon snack in the bustling Muslim Street before entering the Gao’s Family Courtyard for the shadow play. The guide will explain the plot for you.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at a local restaurant with a la carte menu
Feature Dinner option: Defachang Dumpling Restaurant, Lao Sun Jia Muslim Restaurant, First Noodle under the Sun
Optional evening activity: Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show with Dumpling Banquet
Today’s tour is leisurely arranged. In the morning, enjoy the view of different areas in Xi’an by going on top of the ancient City Wall. Riding a bike on this ancient defence system is also an amazing experience.
Coming down from the city wall, you will move to a local family, who will teach you how to make Chinese dumplings and also tell you some interesting stories about their life. Enjoy a lunch in the local family with the host and get to know something about Chinese eating culture.
Later in the afternoon, you will visit Small Wild Goose Pagoda, which is the architectural heritage of Buddhism in the Tang Dynasty. A Chinese Calligraphy Learning in Small Wild Goose Pagoda Temple closes the day. With the guidance of the teacher, you will feel the charm of Chinese calligraphy and even the Chinese culture.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch in the local family
Note: golf car or bike riding is available with extra fee on the Xi’an City Wall. You can choose based on your preference.
Today is the departure day. Pack your luggage along with the wonderful memories of Xi’an. Take our private transfer with the guide to the airport. Farewell.
Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.