4 Days quick glimpse of Luoyang Essences
This 4 days Luoyang essential tour including all the highlights gives you the chance to explore this ancient capital. Apart from the world heritage site - Longmen Grottoes, you will also gain a better understanding of Luoyang by visiting its local museums and experience the authentic Shaolin Kung Fu in nearby Dengfeng.
- Appreciate the stone sculpture art at Longmen Grottoes
- Wander in Luoyang old town
- Wander through the shrines of the 1,900-year-old White Horse Temple and explore the origins of Chinese Buddhism
- Visit Shaolin Temple and watch the amazing Kungfu show
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Welcome to Luoyang, one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China! Your guide will be waiting for you at the exit and escorts you to the hotel. Hotel check-in will be taken care of by the guide. Just enjoy a worry-free tour.
Meals: No meal, advice freely available
Hyatt Place Luoyang,
New Friendship Hotel Luoyang,
After breakfast, go appreciate the Buddhist stone statues carved into the steep limestone cliffs at Longmen Grottoes. Next, wander through the shrines of the 1,900-year-old White Horse Temple and explore the origins of Chinese Buddhism.
Afterwards, drive to Luoyang Museum which shows ancient Luoyang from all perspectives. Here you will see exquisite tri-coloured glazed potteries, various bronzeware, ancient clay sculpture, treasured calligraphy and paintings, etc.
End the whole day tour at Luoyang Old Town to immerse in local life. Plus, snacks and souvenirs are cheaper here.
Drive about 1.5 hours to Shaolin Temple after breakfast. It is a great chance for you to observe the daily life and meditation of the monks. What you should not miss is the Pagoda Forest, which is a collection of ancient masonry architecture, sculpture, calligraphy and painting art. It is the tomb of the abbot of shaolin temple in all dynasties or the monks who have made achievements and contributions and also known as the "ancient pagoda art museum.
Wonderful Kungfu performances at the Shaolin Temple Martial Arts Hall are performed by the monks every day, which usually lasts about half an hour.
In the morning you will visit Eastern Zhouwangcheng Tianzijialiu Museum,
which is built over the original site that displays the horses and
chariots for emperor and officials in the Eastern Zhou period. After,
you will take a stroll around Laochengqu, which literally means “old
district of the city.” It is the first district in Luoyang, many
temples, memorial halls and drum towers can be seen. After lunch you
will be escorted to the railway station or airport for the next
Shaolin Kungfu show
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.