6 Days Inner Mongolia Naadam Fair Festival Tour - Festive revelry with Mongolians
Nadam Fair is the top most exciting event of the year for Mongolian people when is a joyous gala for skills competing and art entertaining. During this 6-day tour, you will have one full day to enjoy this festival atmosphere with the locals as well as tour the highlights of Inner Mongolia.
When is the Nadaam Fesitval in Inner Mongolia in 2023/2024?
- 2023: In Xilinhot, Naadam will be July 6-10 this year
- Watch the exciting competitions, like Wrestling, horse racing and archery on grand Nadam Festival gala
- Appreciate the beautiful grassland scenery on Huitengxile Grassland
- Taste the local specialties
- Spend a night in the Mongolian yurt on the grassland
Customizable Tour Itinerary
After your flight arrives at Hohhot Airport, and you have claimed your luggage, you will meet your local guide at the arrival hall. The driver will convey you to the hotel and assist you with hotel check-in. The rest of the day is free for you to arrange.
Meals: No meal, advice freely available
Sheraton Hohhot Hotel,
Shangri-La Hotel Huhhot,
Angel Garden Hotel
Watch the remaining pagoda in the Five-Pagoda temple. There are five square stupas on the tower base, so it is called Wuta Temple. Get to know the grassland culture of Inner Mongolia by visiting the Inner Mongolia Museum.
As the largest and well preserved lamasery in Hohhot, Dazhao Lamasery boasted of its grandeur palace, vivid sculpture, fancy frescos, numerous scriptures, mystic dance and Buddhism music.
Zhaojun Tomb is similar to the imperial tombs of the Han Dynasty built in the central plain of the kingdom. There are pavilions around the tomb in which visitors can rest. Cultural relics commemorating Zhaojun are on display in an exhibition room nearby.
"Huitengxile" is a Mongolian word which means "the cold plateau". There are 99 natural lakes interspersing the grassland, called the "99 springs". The water in the lakes neither increases nor decreases with the weather.
Nadam Fair is a traditional Mongolian festival with a long history and occupies an important position in the life of the Mongolian people. There are thrilling horse racing, wrestling, admirable archery, chess, and fascinating singing and dancing. Feel the holiday atmosphere of this nationality by attending one of their most important festivals.
After breakfast, go to Ordos by private transfer. Xiangshawan Resonant Sand Bay is your destination. On a clear day the sand glides down from the top of the sand dune, which produces fantastic buzz, just like the sand’s whisper. Horse-riding, camel-riding, sand-surfing riding, desert paraglider, bonfires parties and desert camping trips as well as amazing "space-balls" are available here for visitors to explore the desert.
Crowne Plaza Ordos,
Jinxia International Hotel
Xiangshawan Resonant Sand Bay
Genghis Khan's Mausoleum is made up of four magnificent palaces in the shape of Mongolian yurts. With rounded roofs and glazed tiles inlayed with golden eaves, they are ornate and imposing.
Kangbashi District is the new political and cultural centre, financial centre, scientific research and education centre, equipment manufacturing base and car manufacturing base of Ordos. It is a good place to view the development of Ordos.
Genghis Khan's Mausoleum
After breakfast, your guide and driver will escort you to the airport to catch your flight to the next destination or home. Tour ends!
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.