6 Days Guilin Photography Tour
Guilin is a paradise for photography lovers. The endless mountains along with the Li River constitute a wash painting; the wooden ancient architectures in Longsheng tell the ancient stories and the harvest field tells the hardworking of the farmers. All the above worth recording with your camera during this 6-day Guilin photography tour.
- Take pictures of the ancient stone road, ancient architectures and ancient stone bridge at Daxu Ancient Town
- Portrait photography for the minority people in Longsheng
- Shoot cormorant fishing in Xingping Town
- Hike along the Yulong River to grasp some more nice pictures
- Get up early to shoot the sunrise at Xianggong Hill
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Welcome to Guilin, a city famous for Karst Mountains and Li River. After landing, you will meet our guide at the arrival hall with your name sign. Just relax after meeting the guide as he or she will take good care of you during your stay in Guilin. Check in at the hotel and rest.
Meals: No meal, advice freely available
Guilin Shangri La Hotel,
Jolie Vue Boutique Hotel Guilin,
Aroma Tea House
Let’s start with Folded Brocade Hill, which is considered to be a good place for a bird-eye view of Guilin city and Li River. Come down from the hill and go ahead to explore Elephant Trunk Hill, the symbol of Guilin. It got its name because it looks like an elephant drinking water.
Your last stop is Daxu Ancient Town, which is full of ancient buildings, ancient stone bridge and stone road. Record the long history of this ancient town with your camera. Also you will listen to the stories of the ancient village and also the ancestors told by a local farmer.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at Mc Found Restaurant with a la carte menu
Feature Dinner option: Xiaonan Guo, Gold Dragon Village Restaurant, Yilu Restaurant, The Taste-Made Restaurant
Optional evening activity: Night cruise in Two Rivers and Four Lakes Scenic Area
- Wear antiskid shoe when climbing the hill and visit the cave as the ground can be slippery in the cave.
- Sedan chair is available at the entrance if there are senior having difficulty in moving in the cave with many steps.
Elephant Trunk Hill
2 hours’ drive away from Guilin, Longsheng is a county hosting both natural beauty and culture. With several minority villages and large rice terrace, it is suitable for travelling all year round, especially in autumn and early spring. During the spring, you will see water glittering in the sun while during the winter, the rice is ripe and you can see lays of golden yellow. Visit a local family and learn to make bamboo rice with the guidance of the host. The Chinese rice wine made by the host is unmissable.
After lunch, you will have the change to take more beautiful photos of the rice terrace as well as the local minority people.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch in the local family
The winding mountain roads may be a little bumpy.
Longsheng rice terrace
Instead of the big boat cruise, the 2 hours' Li River hiking and rafting combined is arranged for you. It allows you to appreciate the scenery and take photos at your own pace. The peaks in different shapes, the clear water, the reflection of the bamboo, peaks and trees along the river are all good materials for your photography tour.
You will stop at Xingping Ancient Town for lunch and some sightseeing. It has a history of 1740 years is and surrounded by the unique landscape. Wander some times in the ancient town until the sunset, when it is the best time to take photo of the cormorant fishing. It is a traditional fishing method in which fishermen use trained cormorants to fish in rivers.
You will be transferred to Yangshuo for overnight after the tour (about 40 mins).
Yangshuo Banyan Tree Hotel,
Yangshuo Mountain Retreat
In the morning, go with the guide to visit the local market to see how the local people trade with each other and to acquaint yourself with some ingredients for the cooking class. Then go to the cooking school to learn with the chief of some cooking skills. The chief will teach you cook some Guilin dishes, which will be served as your lunch later.
After lunch and some rest, hike along the Yulong River at a slow pace. It is a great chance to shoot the rice paddies, local villages and local life. The whole day tour will end with a relaxing bike riding in Yangshuo countryside for you to get rid of the bustling city life.
Get up early, hike up to the top of Xianggong Hill and set up your camera for the sunrise. It is a good place to see the full view of Li River.
After the photographing, return to your hotel to enjoy breakfast. You will be transferred to the airport in Guilin later. The guide will help with the check-in.
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.