3 Days Highlights of Chongqing
Chongqing, a charming tourist city known for its mountains, mist, hot
summer, hotpot and hot ladies, always delights visitors from around the
world. Here, there are over 50,000 stone statues and inscriptions
scattered in 74 grottoes, all of which were made at the end of the Tang
Dynasty and at the beginning of the Song Dynasty. Their theme embraces
Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism at the core, and among them. The most
famous are the ones housed in the northern cliff and Baoding Peak. These
two Buddhist statues are also revered as shining examples of the art of
grottoes in China. The grottoes here are thought to rival those in
Dunhuang, Yungang, Longmen and Maijishan, which are known as the four
most renowned grottoes in China.
- Yangtze River Cruise
- Taste the numbing hot hot pot
- Ancient Buddhist statues and temples visit
Customizable Tour Itinerary
When you land in Chongqing, you will find your smiling tour guide
waiting for you at the arrival hall. Together you will take the private,
air-conditioned vehicle back to your hotel.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Chongqing,
Hyatt Regency Chongqing Hotel
Yangtze River Cruise
Today’s highlight is Dazu Grottoes. You will take a 2 hour ride to Dazu
Grottoes Scenic Area. There are thousands of Buddhist sculptures in Dazu
Grottoes. They were carved in the Tang and Song dynasties, representing
the essence of Chinese rock carvings. A late lunch is arranged in a
local restaurant in Dazu County. When night falls, you will experience
the air corridor over the Yangtze River. The Yangtze River Cableway is
the first air corridor over the River. It takes 4 minutes for running
pass the 1166 meters cableway.
Chongqing hot pot
Today is packed sites such as the Chongqing Zoo, Ciqikou Ancient Town
and Three Gorges Museum. Chongqing Zoo offers you an opportunity to see
giant pandas without visiting their hometown of Chengdu. Get to the Zoo
early in the morning to see pandas eat their breakfast. Then head for
Ciqikou to see how Chongqing used to be back in the day. Lunch is
arranged in a fine local restaurant and in the afternoon, you will visit
the Three Gorges Museum, here you will learn about the history of
Chongqing and the Three Gorges area. At the end of the day you will be
escorted to the airport or cruise pier for another wonderful travelling
Ciqikou Ancient Town
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.