4 Days Chengdu Essence Tour
Chengdu is the hometown of giant pandas as well as many delicious foods. By taking this 4-day Chengdu essence and food tour, you will taste many Chengdu specialties and have a close view of the cute giant pandas.
- Food exploration at Jinli Ancient Street
- Close encounter with the giant pandas
- Half day Sichuan cuisine cooking tour in Sichuan Cuisine Museum
- Tea tasting in a local tea shop
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Chengdu Arrival
Upon your arrival at Chengdu airport, you will find your name sign held by our Chengdu guide at the arrival hall. The guide will show you to the parking lot to find the driver and help you do the hotel check-in. Enjoy your first night in Chengdu on your own.
Meals: No meals, advice freely available
- Hotels: The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, JW Marriott Hotel Chengdu, Chengdu Xijinge All Suites Apartment
Day 2 Chengdu Panda Breeding Research Center, Wuhou Ancestral Hall, Food exploration at Jinli Ancient Street
Get up early to catch the romantic encounter with the adorable creatures –giant pandas at Chengdu Panda Breeding Research Center. Your heart may be melted especially when you see the adult pandas in the open enclosure eating away and ambling around.
Come back to the city area for lunch. After that, pay a visit to Wuhou Ancestral Hall, the most influential museum of relics of the Three Kingdoms in China. Continue your exploration to Jinli Ancient Street, where you could find many local food shops, tea shops, bars, arts and crafts shops and hostel. Do not miss the local specialties here.
Meals: Breakfast, Hot pot lunch at the local restaurant with a la carte menu
Feature Dinner option: Lao Ma Tou Hotpot, Huang Cheng Lao Ma
Optional evening activity: Face changing show and taste the local tea in Shufengyayun Theater
- Giant pandas are more active in the early morning. Therefore, getting up early and depart for the panda base is high suggested. Arrival at 8:00 or 8:30 is preferred.
- If you come to visit the panda base in August to November, you will have a great chance to see the baby panda.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
Day 3 Half day Sichuan cuisine cooking tour in Sichuan Cuisine Museum, People’s Park, Tea tasting Local Tea House, Kuanzhai Lane
In the morning, drive about an hour to Sichuan Cuisine Museum, which consists of a collection hall, a demonstration and interaction hall, a teahouse, an exhibition hall of raw material and cookware, etc. In the demonstration and interaction hall, visitors can have a close view of the entire cooking process and learn to cook 2 hot dishes with the teacher in the kitchen. After the cooking class, you will eat the dishes together and get to know more about Sichuan cuisine culture and customs.
In the afternoon, drive back to the city area to visit People's Park, where you will find lots of locals, especially seniors doing exercises in the park every day. Find a local tea shop to taste the local tea and feel the atmosphere of this city.
End today’s tour at Kuanzhai Lane, a fusion of tradition and fashionable, business and leisure in the heart of Chengdu. Many local specialties can also be found here.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
Day 4 Chengdu departure
Be ready to pack your luggage and go home with beautiful memories of the China tour. Our guide and driver will escort you to the airport and help you do the check-in. Farewell.
- Meals: Breakfast,
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.
This tour is tailor-made and we can tailor to meet your reqeusts. Your personal travel consultant will contact you within 24 working hours!
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?