5 Days Beijing Tour for People in Wheelchair
The 5-day Beijing tour avoids the attractions with steps and allows travellers to explore Beijing in a wheelchair, like Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Badaling Great Wall. Do not worry. You won’t miss the ‘must-see’.
- Measure and explore the imperial palace in your wheelchair
- Get on the Great Wall with your wheelchair
- Wander in Hutongs
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Nihao! Welcome to Beijing, welcome to China. Upon arrival, meet your guide at the arrival hall, who holds your name sign with a warm smile. You will be taken to the hotel by a private transfer. Rest in the hotel for the rest of the day.
Meals: No meal, advice freely available
- Hotels: Regent Beijing, Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, Pentahotel Beijing
Day 2 Tian’anmen Square, Forbidden City (closed on every Monday), Walking tour in Hutong with Local family visit, ground calligraphy, Hutong vendors’ cries, Kungfu show/Peking opera (optional)
As the gate of the imperial city of Ming and Qing Dynasty, Tian’anmen Square plays an important role of guarding. Walking through the square stands the Forbidden City. You can really feel its glory in the past when you are in the elegant and orderly courtyard with high walls. Listen to the interesting stories about the emperors with their families.
Gain a deeper understanding of Beijing's history and culture as you walk the streets of the old hutong allays. Knock a local’s door and get close to the local life. During this tour, you will also watch a ground calligraphy show and hear the Hutong vendors’ cries. These are the real charm of hutongs.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at Jindingxuan Dim Sum Restaurant with a la carte menu
Feature Dinner option: Peking Roast Duck (Dadong Peking Duck, Qianmen Quanjude Peking Duck), Fangshan Restaurant, Mei Family Restaurant, Bai Family Restaurant)
Optional evening activity: Peking Opera, Kungfu Show
- We need the picture and size of your wheelchair to check with the staff in Forbidden City whether you can use your wheelchair in the attraction.
- Your touring route may be a little different from the regular route as the guide will choose to avoid the places with steps.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
Day 3 Temple of Heaven, Badaling Great Wall with round ways cable car
Get in Temple of Heaven, which is larger than the Forbidden City, with an area of 2,700,000 square meters. It is the largest and most representative existing masterpiece among China's ancient sacrificial buildings.
Situated near Beijing, the Badaling Great Wall is the best well-preserved section of the world-renowned Great Wall of China constructed in 1505 during the Ming Dynasty era. This is the most wheelchair-friendly part of the Great Wall in Beijing. Round ways cable car is included.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch in the local restaurant with a la carte menu
- Electric wheelchair is not allowed in Temple of Heaven, but the manual wheelchair is OK. We will help you rent a manual one in the hotel or at the scenic area.
- Though a little commercial than other parts of the Great Wall, Badaling is the most well-known and most wheelchair-friendly part.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
Day 4 Summer Palace, Panjiayuan Antique Market, Olympic Green for Exterior View of the Bird Nest and Water Cube
After breakfast, feast your eyes with the hills, lake, corridors, plants, pavilions and buildings in Summer Palace, which was used to be the summer retreat for royalties. Go ahead to explore Panjiayuan Antique Market, where you will find many items, fake or real. You can buy some home if you like.
Before going back to the hotel, go for an exterior view of the Bird Nest and Water Cube, which is the witness of the 2008 Olympic Games.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at Dayali Restaurant with a la carte menu
Note: remember to bargain with the vendors if you are really interested in their products.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch,
Day 5 Beijing Departure
This is your last day in Beijing. Meet the guide at the confirmed time at the hotel lobby. The guide and driver will escort you to the airport and help with the check-in. See you next time.
- Meals: Breakfast,
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.
This tour is tailor-made and we can tailor to meet your reqeusts. Your personal travel consultant will contact you within 24 working hours!
FABULOUS TOUR COMPANY
CHINA OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2019 We researched several companies and studied reviews on Trip Adviser before contacting who did a very China Culture Tour with an initial query. Right from the outset Grace who owns the company was excellent. She emailed detailed with pictures information and a suggested…read more details
Karen from US
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel?