6 Days Highlights of Beijing
is the cultural center of China, besides seeing the not to be missed
Forbidden City, Great Wall, Summer Palace and Hutong, you will learn
some Chinese while having a cup of tea at the Laoshe Tea House, play Tai
Chi with a Tai Chi master at the Temple of Heaven, and try the famous
Roast Duck Dinner at Dadong Restaurant and the imperial meal at Fangshan
Restaurant. At night, the Kungfu show with VIP seats will be arranged. A
visit to the Panjiayuan Market will show you a lively Beijing. During
this 6-day tour, you will get to know more about the culture of Beijing.
- Savour a cup of tea and feel the local life at Laoshe Tea House
- Visit one of the most famous flea markets in Beijing
- Watch a fascinating Kung Fu show at night
- Tai Chi lesson with local master at Temple of Heaven
- Visit a family living in hutong for a better understanding about the local life
Customizable Tour Itinerary
Upon arrival at Beijing airport, CCT's personal guide will meet you at
the airport arrival hall, holding your name sign. Learn your first
Chinese sentence-Ni Hao (Hello)! The driver is ready to transfer you to
your hotel downtown where you can have a good rest to prepare for the
following day’s sightseeing.
Beijing Aman Summer Palace,
Beijing Fairmont Hotel,
Beijing Double Happiness Courtyard Hotel
After going through China's largest central square Tian’anmen Square, you will get to the Forbidden City,
which was once the home for 24 emperors in Chinese history. It takes
about 2 to 3 hours to visit this big imperial palace. After that, you
will have a rest in the Laoshe Tea House and have a cup of local tea. Your guide will tell you more about the Chinese language and teach you some simple Chinese. Lunch will be arranged at the local restaurant. Dinner is arranged at the Dadong Roast Duck Restaurant, which is one of the most popular roasted duck restaurants in Beijing.
- A lot of walking is involved today because the selected
sites are huge and no vehicles are allowed. Expect rough blue bricked
pavements inside The Forbidden City. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Use the hotel bathroom before the day tour starts, try to
avoid public toilets. Our selected restaurants are equipped with clean
flushed or squat toilets.
- Shopping is an optional but not compulsory, you can skip it as you wish.
Peking roasted duck
Today's tour is full of cultural interactions. You will learn Tai Chi at Temple of Heaven.
The Tai Chi master will teach you some Taichi movements and you can see
the locals doing their morning exercise if you visit the Temple of
Heaven in the early morning. Lunch is arranged at the local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will take a rickshaw
to visit a local family in a traditional courtyard, greet the host and
hostess by using the Chinese sentences you just learned and climb up the
Drum Tower to have a bird's eye view of the Hutong area. Hutong is the
local people’s living area. You can get to know about the Beijing local
Private Tai Chi lesson at Temple of Heaven
After breakfast, you will take a 1.5 hours' drive to the Mutianyu Great Wall.
We will arrange for you the round way cable car to avoid steps. The
Mutianyu Great Wall is one of the best-preserved sections of the Great
Wall. You may walk along the wall to view the different mountain ranges
and get to know its defense function. Lunch will be arranged at the
local restaurant near the Great Wall. After the Great Wall, we suggest
that you have a stopover at the cloisonné factory to get to know the ancient handcraft. There is no pressure to buy. At night, you will enjoy the imperial meal at Fangshan Restaurant; your guide will teach you some ancient Chinese words to go with the atmosphere like Jixiang (Auspicious). The Kungfu Show (VIP seat) is a fantastic mix of theater, acrobatics, dance and martial arts, do not blink!
- Wear comfortable shoes for the Great Wall hike, bring bottled
water along as well, a lot of sunscreen is needed, Put all the nectary
stuffs in a backpack.
- Kungfu Show actors could be photographed at the end of the Show, bring your cameras with you to the theater.
Kung Fu show
Today's tour stars from the Panjiayuan market;
it is one of the most famous flea markets in Beijing. This is the place
to go for a variety of things; life-size terracotta warriors, vintage
photographs, coins, porcelain vases, figurines, secondhand furniture and
much more. Try to bargain using your new Chinese sentences – Duo Shao
Qian (How much?) Then you will head to the Summer Palace,
which was once the imperial garden mainly composed of Kunming Lake and
Longevity Hill (Changshou Hill). You will take a leisurely boat ride on
the Kunming Lake and visit the Garden of Virtue and Harmony or the Tower
of Buddhist Incense. After that, there will be a photo stop outside of
the Bird Nest and Water Cube in the Beijing Olympic Green. The lunch will be arranged in the Bai Family Restaurant, which is famous for its court cuisine.
- The best bargains in Panjiayuan Market are offered early on
weekend mornings. If it is not a weekend, just ask your guide to change
Beijing Bird's Nest
Take your time to pack up your suitcases, your guide
and driver will double check your international flight schedule and get
you to the airport on time. Your guide will help you with the check-in
and see you off at the security gate. Zaijian (Goodbye)!
- In-country transportationas noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
- Luxury or boutique hotels centrally located.
- Meals in local restaurants as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water.
- Your own English-speaking guide service.
- Your own chauffeur and vehicle service.
- International transportation.
- Chinese tourist visa. (which enquired for most foreign passport holders)
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Meals, snacks, alcohol, etc. apart from those included in the itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Sights, excursions and activities not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuities to guide and driver.