1. Currently, citizens from 66 countries (regions), including the USA, Canada and Portugal, can enjoy a visa-free policy when visiting Macau Special Administrative Region (SAR).
2. From 1 July 2010 citizens of Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Vietnam holding ordinary or service passports must obtain visas before entering Macau SAR. Citizens from these countries can no longer obtain a visa on arrival and should submit visa applications to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their own country or to the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China in the Hong Kong SAR.
Citizens from these six countries who hold diplomatic passports may still enjoy a visa-free policy. Other officials (and their relatives) from these countries who are employed either by their country's Embassy or Consulate in China or as administrative and technical staff of international organizations that have provided them with ID cards can apply for an entry permit when entering Macau.
3. Citizens from other countries (regions) can apply for a visa from the Chinese Embassy or Consulates General in their countries, or apply for an entry permit when entering Macau.
4. Application guide
(1) Application materials
a) Visa application form: fill in the form with accurate and complete information
b) photo: 2-inch (48mm×33mm); one recent color passport photo (full face, front view, bareheaded and against a plain light colored background).
c) other materials as required by the visa officer
(2) Service options Visas issued by the Chinese embassies or consulates general:
a) Regular service: 5 working days.
b) Express service: 3 working days.
c) Urgent service: 2 working days. If your application needs to be transferred to the Macau Immigration Department,it usually takes about 10 working days to process. Express and Urgenth services are not available in this case.
(3) Payment methods and schedule of fees
a) Regular service: $30 per person
b) Express service: an additional $20 will be charged per person
c) Urgent service: an additional $30 will be charged per person
d) If the visa application needs to be transferred to the Macau Immigration Department, there will be an additional charge of $20 contact fee when submitting the application, in addition to the $30 for regular service.
e) Cash check (Money Order, Cashier's Check), Company check, Mastercard and Visa cards are accepted. Neither cash nor personal check is accepted. Please make checks payable to the Chinese Embassy.
a) The applicant should fill in the application form truthfully, completely and clearly. Any false, misleading or incomplete statement may result in delay or refusal of a visa.
b) The Visa officers determine whether or not to issue the visa on a case-by-case basis.
(5) Contact details for the Macau Immigration Department
Address: Foreign Affairs Department, Immigration Services Building, Taipa Bei'an New Town District, Macau
Tel: 00853-88970601, 00853-88970602
The above information is subject to change according to the interpretation of the Embassy or Consulate General. Please visit the official website for more detailed information http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/EDoN.html