Peter Famliy of 10 from America
Thank you for the follow up. Things are finally settling down for us at our new home, and finally had a moment to reflect on the China experience. It was basically all positive, but I would like to offer some thoughts and pointers, which I’ve organized as pre-trip & during trip:
- The planning portion was well done, and you were able to quickly answer all of our questions and design a tour based on our specific needs. That level of attention and customization was largely why we selected your company.
- All of the hotels were clean, professional and centrally located – and reflected the business/tourist class accommodations we were interested in. A suggestion is to offer options for a non-tourist hotel experience – such as a reasonably priced non-major chain boutique hotel or an Airbnb type experience. A home/apartment experience with a living room, small kitchen and several bedrooms. We were not thinking that way when we initially booked the trip, but upon reflection – since we were traveling as a family this type of accommodation would have been a welcomed change from a standard hotel.
- Perhaps a Skype session with perspective customers can be helpful, to better understand preferences and needs.
- Better clarity on the expectations for gratuity – specifically on the amount. Up until we actually met and spoke in Guilin we had completely misinterpreted what is the customary amount and under-tipped all of the guides. We though the recommended range per day was to be split 50/50 between the guide and drive, when in fact I think you meant the recommended rate per day was for the guide only, and a 50% in addition for the driver. There were no confrontations by the guides, but rather received a few awkward glances which we initially did not understand. I think clarifying expectations and amounts is quite important, especially in a European culture where tipping is not customary. I can certainly help you craft the language if it is helpful to you.
- All of the guides were very helpful, accommodating, knowledgeable & flexible. Great service received during entire trip, accommodating our various specific requests.
- Having the mobile phones for all of the guides ahead of time would have been helpful, since we did not have a country guide.
- We really appreciated your help in providing us with current information during the unexpected rain delay from the thunderstorm in Guilin. Really helped bring the tension level down as announcements, Wi-Fi access, information, crowds were all challenging at the airport when something unexpected happens. So thank you again.
- Although all of the guides spoke excellent English, when some knew that I (or my mom) spoke Chinese – there became a shift to speaking to me for tour related discussions (history, cultural explanations) as well as logistics related (timing, ordering lunch) discussions. Which was not a significant problem, but some of the French folks felt a little left out.
- Upon reflection, we should have made arrangements for a French speaking guide in all of the cities, as opposed to Shanghai only. That is purely on us though, and not a reflection on the tour.
I would also be happy to place a brief review on Trip Advisor for you and your company.
All the Best,
Peter Family of 10 from America customized a China tour to Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Travelers customized a China tour for their families
- 1. Anna Family of 10 from America customized a China Tour to Beijing, Xian, Chengdu and Guilin.
- 2. Sandye Family from America customized a China family tour to Beijing, Xian, Yangtze Cruise, Shanghai, Guilin and Hong Kong.
- 3. Carla Family from America Tailor-made a China Tour to Beijing, Chengdu and Xian.
- 4. Lisa Family of 6 from America Tailor-made a China Tour to Beijing, Xian and Shanghai.
- 5. Lizette Family of 4 from Spain Customized a China Tour to Beijing Tour, Xian, Tibet, Chengdu, Guilin and Hong Kong
- 6. Marco family from Italy Tailor-made a China Tour to Beijing, Shanxi including Datong, Taiyuan and Ping, Xian, Tibet, Yunnan including Lijiang and Chengdu.
- 7. Martilotta Family from America customized a China tour to Beijing, Guilin, Nanning, Yangtze Cruise, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
- 8. Carrie Panacek Family from America customized a China family tour to Beijing and Xian.
- 9. Erik and Kristin Family from USA Tailor-made a China Tour to Beijing, Xian, Urumqi and Beijing.
- 10. Fiona family of 4 from Australia Customized a China Tour to Beijing, Xian and Shanghai
- 11. Jamie family of 4 from America Tailor-made a China Tour to Shanghai, Guilin, Xian and Beijing.
- 12. Jane and Her mother from Australia Tailor-made a China Tour to Beijing, Xian, Hangzhou, Suzhou and Shanghai.
- 13. Janet Family from America Tailor-Made a China Tour to Beijing, Xian, and Shanghai
- 14. Jim Family of 6 from America Customized a 4 days Tibet Tour
- 15. Lizette Family of 4 from Spain Customized a China Tour to Beijing Tour, Xian, Tibet, Chengdu, Guilin and Hong Kong.
- 16. Kelly and Lisa Preece family of 8 from America customized a China tour to Shanghai, Yangtze Cruise, Zhangjiajie, Guilin, Xian and Beijing.
- 17. Sheri from America Tailor-made a China Tour to Beijing, Xian, Guilin and Shanghai.
- 19. Melvyn Family from UK Tailor-Make a China Tour to Beijing
- 20. Sarita Family of 4 from America Tailor-made a China Tour to Shanghai, Xian and Beijing.
- 21. Sharon Mansberger Family of 6 from America customized a China Tour to Beijing, Xian and Shanghai.
- 22. Hope Family of 3 from America customized a China panda tour to Beijing, Chengdu and Xian.
- 23. Peter Family of 10 from America customized a China tour to Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
- 24. Amy Hickerson Family of 3 from America Tailor-made a China Tour to Beijing and Xian.
Ask Questions or Send a China Tour Request
- Fill the custom form & Send to us
- Receive a proposal & Make changes
- Confirm the LAST proposal & Pay a deposit
- Received a Confirmation Letter